Cisco SIPREC / Network recording requires a recording profile to be created and a CUBE device to perform the recording communication. The profile is applied to the extensions that must record. This profile will instruct the phone to contact the recording server and instruct it to record the call.
Please confirm with your Cisco Call manager engineer which versions you are running and check the below sites for the configuration details.
The preferred method is SIPREC, but we do support Network recording, if the Call Manager does not support SIPREC.
- Datatex SIPREC service 220.127.116.11+
- Datatex Voipsweeper Service 18.104.22.168+
- Cisco Cube with require version OS as per below
Cisco Networking Recording
This is the older method
Note: The current recording method doesn’t report call direction as part of the call information.
- Cisco IOS 15.2(1)T
- Cisco IOS XE 3.8S
Cisco SIPREC Recording
This is the newer method
- Cisco IOS 15.6(1)T
- Cisco IOS XE 3.17S
- Configure a standard SIP trunk destination with the SIPREC server’s IP as the destination.
- Add a route group and Router list to add multiple SIPREC servers.
- Enable early offer on the SIP Profile. This sends the codecs negotiation as part of the SDP data. also allow for mid-call media changes
- Configure a recording profile for an extension 9799 and associate the extension with the SIP Trunk.
- The recording profile is applied to an extension and the extensions should then be restarted to allow the config to take affect.