The new Amethyst 2 Archive service can be used without sharing a windows or network drive.
(The Database archive currently still requires the windows share, but will be changed in future)
- Windows Server with local drives that have storage available for the recordings. The service can’t access mapped drives.
- HTTPS (TCP Port 443) access between the Amethyst 2 server and the server running the archive service. This allows this service to be hosted anywhere, as long as this access is available. Alternate prts can be used if 443 is already in use. E.g. 4443 or 5443.
- Remote Desktop (TCP 3389) access to the server, is required, to install the service and possible maintenance.
How does this facility work:
The Amethyst 2 Archive service is installed on a Windows Server and runs in the background all the time.
Amethyst 2 Server is configured and authorized to connect to the Archive service.
Amethyst 2 Archive process runs periodically ( usually once a minute) on the Amethyst 2 server and uploads all the recordings that has not been archived to the archive server. One run will be limited to a configurable number of recordings ( Default 2000)
The Purge process deletes recordings that are flagged as archived successfully and is older than the “Keep Live” period configured. The recordings are removed from the drive, but the meta data stays on the database. The Database state is then marked as Purged. These calls will automatically be retrieved from this archive service, if the recording is accessed via the supervisor.
Directly after the archive process completes, the Purge process runs. This allows the diskspace to be cleaned as part of the ongoing system maintenance.
Calls that have been archived and purged, will be retrieved from the Archive server as long as the HTTPS connection is available.
The recording must be available on the hard drive of the archive server. *If the files has been removed from the archive server, it will need to be restore to that original location or one of the configured “old recordings locations” *.
The recording will show small hard drive icon next to the recording reference field if the calls is purged.
- The databases are now stored in two separate folders to keep a database per month and one per week day:
- The databases are overwritten every day to reduce the amount of space used by the databases.
- The Database on Amethyst 2 is copied to a Windows share.
- The database is uploaded once a day at 21:00.
- These are required if the Amethyst 2 server ever has to be recreated. They are not required for the Archive retrieval.
The structure looks like this:
The Month of Year allows at least one database for each month of the year. (YYYYMM)
The Day of week database allows the last 7 days databases to be available.