The new Amethyst 2 Archive service can be used without sharing a windows or network drive.
- Windows Server with local drives that have storage available for the recordings. The service can’t access mapped drives.
- HTTPS access between the Amethyst 2 server and the server running the archive service
How does this facility work:
- Archive service installed on a Windows Server
- Amethyst 2 Server is configured and then authorized to connect to the Archive service
- Archive process runs periodically on the Amethyst 2 server and uploads all the recordings that has not been archived to the archive server.
- The Database on Amethyst 2 is updated to which server it was archived and the current state is set to Archived.
- The Purge process now checks the database daily for recordings that are flagged as archived and older than the Keep Live period and removes the recordings. The Database state is then marked as Purged.
Calls that have been archived can now be retrieved from the Archive server, if the recording has been purged. The recording must just be available on the hard drive, where it was archived too.
Upgrading to AMETHYST2
If recordings has been archived in AMETHYST1 and
has not yet been purged from the database at the time of the upgrade,
and the Archive Service is installed,
those recording can be accessed via Supervisor2.
The Archive Service must be configured to include those locations.
The locations must be available on the same network as AMETHYST2 and the Archive service.
AMETHYST2 Archive Service and Space
To enable auto purge for AMETHYST2 the Archive service must be installed.
There are no auto purge/‘days to keep alive’ feature without the Archive service running.
Advantage is that:
- archived recordings can be access via Supervisor2 and
- the Archive Service maintains the EXCLUSIVE drives space based on ‘days to keep alive’ setting.
- Windows server on the same network as AMETHYST2 to install the Archive service on.
- An account with access to install the service and rights to stop/start the service.
Current AMETHYST system:
- check space used on EXCLUSIVE drives
- as well as database size
Historic data on archives:
If archiving was done to USB drives and recordings has not been purged,
they can be connected to the Archive server.
There can be more than one server on the network with the Archive service installed on it
to accommodate the USB drives (archiving will just be disabled for those Archive services).
For future recordings, space required per year on Archive server is calculated:
- at about 4 gig per user per year,
- plus database space, calculated as size of DB x(7+12)NOTE: Backup of last 7 databases will be kept and 1 for each month of the year.